HEAD GASKETS: NEW IMPROVED ETC...

no more

Did felpro really make "better " flowing head gaskets?? Are old copper gaskets better than felpro "fiber" style....Do you use sealer on any part of heads..How about studs...coolant walkup the threads ..ooze out??

what a pain in the ...... I think the zephyr is gonna get a 400 pontiac!

any opinions..

jeff booth

sylvania oh

Hey Jeff, I know you are going to blast me about taillights again, and rightfully so, my memory is in a drastic decline, but I do remember this, the copper asbestos sandwich type head gaskets are the best, the solids are OK, but the critical thing is to make sure they have the enlarged openings in the water openings that fit the block, I think it is the fel-pro that does have that feature, as far as your other concerns, never a problem in years past, load it up with permatex etc if you wish, but it never was a problem on V-12's or flathead V8's, an overnight soak in a wet bathtub was always my pet theory, never had a water or compression leak from a copper asbestos gasket after doing that, just one old fuddy duddy's opinion, who was there in the '50's, and ran 9.5 to one heads on a flathead V-8

hey Rolf, We are on the same team, I mean no disrespect, U have forgotton more than i know about things ford/lincolns!!

I saw the write up some timeago..felpro was supposed to update their line...i had gaskets in stock for 10 years..that was set i used..since i'm pullin the sobs back off...I swear for the last time....

jeff booth

frozen

sylvania ohio

I believe the Fel-Pro gasket set that contains the "improved" head gaskets has a p/n of RS707SA. The head gasket p/n is 707SA. This is a number I got from Egge Machine a few weeks ago when inquiring for parts for my rebuild project.

The part# I have from felpro for the improved head gasket is PN# 7250 B and for the complete engine gasket set it is FS 7250 B. I have these gaskets on my 48s engine now and they do make a difference. with my infrared thermometer the rear cylinders run 20 degrees cooler than what they did before and the temp is fairly consistant form front to back, I should mention I put a pair of SKIPs water pumps on the engine at the same time. My water temp stays at 160 while cruising and will go up to 180 when stuck in rush hour traffic.

Hello.Can the pattern of these improved gaskets be seen in pictures on the net?

I bought headgaskets a few month ago.I cant believe its correct that these gaskets , that I bought, totally disregards the pattern in cylinderheads.My car is a lz39 and pattern in cylinderheads shows a better flow in rearsection than in front.To my opinion its obvios why they have made this pattern,so I wonder why gaskets doesnt match.I changed pattern in gaskets before installing and testing slow drive and idle for half an hour,no overheating occured(wich it did before).Exactly the same type of change in pattern were made on ford v8 around 1937/38 whic made the difference between overheating or not.What wonders me , is that I have been warned against making this change by someone who believe the smallholed gaskets where intentionally made to regulate flow.Anybody on the list having opinion about this?Birger

The picture you show looks like the pld style felpro gasket. with the old copper composit gaskets I use to trim the copper and compisite material back on one side to match the openings of the water jacket holes and then take the copper from the uncut side and wrap it through the hole so it was sealed like it came. time consuming but it works good and will give you more flow than even the new felpro gaskets. you cant do that with the gasket you are showing though.