WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: LOCOMOBILE MAGNETO SWITCH

Guest Boehmke

Guest imported_Boehmke

Last item to find. We need a Berling Magneto Switch for DUEL Ignition, 2 plug magneto, for 1919 Locomobile, OR information leading to capture of same. Any help would be sweet. Please call me at 925-447-6670 or cell 925-918-1523 or email me at jbcactus@c-zone.net in Livermore, CA.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Boehmke

1937hd45::We have no picture of the switch for the mag. We do however have pics of the magneto itself. This switch we need would be a multi position switch that mounts on the dashboard. We don't know of any other ones,except Gen. Pershings back east and it is also missing the mag. switch. Hope you can help,

Jim Boehmke, 925-447-6670 cell 925-918-1523

Guest imported_Boehmke

Stephan, thanks a metric ton for the dash pic. I'll have my pal check this out.

Jim Boehmke

Guest imported_Boehmke

if anyone knows of a Locomobile of 1919 vintage in a collection or display we would be happy to know of it so we could fly there and get some pics of this Magneto switch. Thanks again. Jim 925-447-6670

Guest imported_Boehmke

Please see the attachment that Stephan posted. We have now found out that the Magneto switch in his picture is exactly what we need for our General Sherman style 1919 Locomobile.

We're pray'in someone can pull through for us

Many thanks for the help boys,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Buick man, but is this the magneto switch you are looking for?

BOSCH, 3 position "M" "O" "A", Patent applied for 26889, 4 VOLTS and the direction in English "Not position A when resting" which is repeated underneath in German and then French.

I believe this is switch and coil, will try and attach a couple of photos.

post-31244-143137887454_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Boehmke

Stuart, thanks for posting the pic, this however is not the correct switch. The correct one is posted in a post above. I'll send you a pic to your email. Glad you're looking around for us. Jim

Guest imported_Boehmke

Stuart, it is possible, we are not sure. The magneto on the engine is Berling, but the mag switch might be Bosch or Berling or who knows. Stephan's pic shows the general layout of the unit. The mag switch would fit into a hole in the dash that measures 2.815", there are four equally spaced mounting holes on a 3.675 dia.

bolt circle. Thanks for your input. If you find anything please email me at jbcactus@c-zone.net Jim