It works!

AceCollins

On a lighter note than the forum has been heading recently, got my radio hooked up today in my 37 and just wanted you to know that is not only sounds great, but the old tube filled model pulls in every AM station of any size for at least 100 miles while parked in a metal building. Best of all, no external antenna needed. The trunk lid works great as an antenna, just like it was intended to do. We did wire it in hot so that we could turn it on at shows and rallys when the car is parked and the key is off. Now if only I could tune in the Lux Radio Theater or the Shadow!

Ace

Hi Ace,

Did you have your radio repaired/rebuilt or whatever? If so, can you recommend anybody? My radio light comes on and the speaker clicks, but I don't hear any vibrator. I think I remember seeing an ad somewhere for an electronic vibrator, which may be all I need. Anyway, it would be a start. I haven't addressed the radio problem yet, but may get around to it soon.

Ace - Congratulations on a car that "makes a joyful noise"!

Phil -

I don't know if this is of any interest at all to you, but when I restored my Mustang, I had the original radio refitted with modern technology so I now have AM/FM. It looks stock and uses the same buttons and dial.

The website of the person I used is http://taymanelectrical.com/

At one time, this person repaired older radios, but I think he found it was more profitable (and probably a whole lot less aggravation) to stick with conversions.