1904 Buick

Guest kevin

Help....<P>I am looking for 1904/1905 Buick parts. Starting a 1904 Buick Model B project.<P>Have motor and trans, need the rest.<P>Thanks<P>Kevin

There is a replica of the 04 in the Sloan Museum in Flint MI. It is the only one known to exist. The oldest Buick known at the present time is the 05 at theHarold Warp Pioneer Village in Minden NE . The radiator shell on the 04 is narrower than the 05 and I have never seen one. Therehas been extensive research done and to my knowledge,there are no 04s in existence.

Buick has verified the motor that I just purchased as a 1904. It has the valves on the bottom of the 2 cylinders. (the only year they did that)<P>The purchase came with the transmission and the radiator (not the radiator shell- the radiator hangs below the frame). The 1905 radiator is different than the 4. The 1904 that is here is made by JH Neustadt Co, of St. Louis. It is similar but definately different than the 5.<P>On the GM Marketing/Public relations site it does state that there are only 2 known 1904 motors to exist. One in the Muesum.<P>The model B and C are different in that the B is a 4 passenger, the C is a 5 passenger. There are other differences that I am learning as well.<P>The one in the muesum is a replica to the extent that it was built, but it does have the correct motor, and most likely trans. The radiator on the Muesum car is not the types delivered on the B or C.<P>Kevin

Kevin:<BR> Try contacting Skip Carpenter in MA. I believe he has an 05. If interested, let me know and I'll give you his email address. He just changed it, and my files are now totally updated. Find me a Model F in your wanderings.<BR> Clay<BR>PS: If you give up on the 04 call me

• 2 years later...

The 1904 is done. The 1905 is nearly done and should be ready for shows this year.

I dont know why but buicks seem to keep popping into my life. smile.gif

Kevin

Thank you.

To make a long story short, I wanted to work on a historical project and do it correct. Not worry about committees or budgets.

I was fortunate to be able to do it. Though it was my project, I had good vendors and support from my friends in Michican. Ken MacKinnon and his family as well as Doug Klann and his shop Slims Body Works. Vic Groah and Mike Kovak did an awesome job on all the wood components.

I wish it was video tapes as there were about 20 build days to get it assembled and about a year and half of prep.

The only problem for me is to figure out what to do next. I have a little bit left to do on my other cars.

For me, I dont know if anything would compare. In time, I am sure the next project will jump out at me.

Kevin