Parts for '54 Special needed

Laurynas

Hi,

My project car faced a problem. Rear bumper's guards was stolen and some bolts vanished with them too. Bolts was from the fender skirts (I guess that these parts located under the hood is called so). The problem is, that we use the metric system in our country instead of inches. So these simple bolts is quite a big problem frown.gif But bumper guards is much more bigger problem smile.gif Maybe someone have these for sale? Also looking for 1 headlight trim (mine is broken).

Thanks, Laurynas

Wow, sorry to hear of your trouble. Rear bumper guards are not hard to find on Ebay. Be patient and you will have a good set soon enough. Even if just one at a time. Remember, they are Left and Right, and the '55 look very similar but will not work. One size fits all Series (40, 50, 60, 70).

Are the bolts you are describing between the outer fender and the inner fender? If so, not a problem. They are reproduced in shiny new zinc with new star lock-washers to match. I am away from my project, so I can not give you a size or source, but others will speak up...

While you are buying hardware, ask them for a measuring tool that will help you determine Standard (inches and fractions of inches) sizes and threads. It is usually a simple plastic board with lots of holes in the middle, cheap and easy to use.

Fr. Buick, you are always in time and very helpful. Thank you.

Thanks for a tip with Ebay. I tried to look up several times, but there's no guards at the moment.

Bolts was from the inner fenders. I've taken them out for sanding (they look perfect now) and gave the bolts to the guy for re-chroming. Guards were almost ready for chrome too. But one night someone came and took all the stuff from the guy's trunk smile.gif For what purpose this can be used in a country where is only one car like mine, I don't know laugh.gif. We have a lot of cars brought from American salvage auctions in Lithuania now. I hope some bolts can be similar. What do you think?

Just some information about rear bumper guards for 1954: 40 and 60 series are the same. The bigger ones (50/70) are different, and also has another part nbr. I think it is because the trunk lid requires more space for the Super/Roadmaster. See picture of my Roadmaster guard.

CARS in NJ have Fender bolts, Washers and Star washers for inner fender, zink plated. Tom

post-31371-14313793703_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...