Body color question (1930 Dodge DD)

I have a 1930 Dodge DD with several layers of different color paint which has been applied over the years. I know that Dodge marked the paint color inside the body when built (my other 1930 and my 1931 have hand written "Black" inside). However, the 1930 that I am currently working on has "Special" written inside. Short of slowly and carefully removing one layer of paint at a time, can anyone tell me what Dodge originally would have supplied as "Special"? Would it refer to special color, or, special combination (molding color other than standard color scheme)? Does anyone have any factory information about what special paint was offered from the factory?

I also would be curiuos to know more about the colors of the 1930 DD, I'm in the porcess of redoing mine, and all I see on the inside of the body written in chalk are the number 4 over the number 24..... not sure if that is a paint combination or some date....

Thanks

For those of you that are interested in original color schemes, here is a link for color schemes and color chips.

http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/

The hand written info in the car is found in the inside rear quarter area (passenger side). My 1930's and my 1931 all have the model (DD or DH repsectivly) and the color written in the same area.

Still trying to determine what "Special" would have designated.