Lester tires

gdcont

Hey everyone does anyone out there have first hand experience with Lester tires. I need to replace my 25yr old Coker Classics and the Lester price would take care of the shipping compared to the Coker Firestone tires. Thanks George.

Guest imported_V12Bill

My only concern about Lester Tires would be that for concourse judging you would lose points as most Lincolns came with Firestones.

But if you just want to drive and enjoy your car, you are so much better off with the Lester's than those stinkin' Firestones, I would never allow one on any car I ever owned, can tell you why if anyone is interested

Ok, this goes back a ways, but my Dad always went back to Detroit to buy his new cars, in 1952 or '53, he had switched from Chryslers to Cadillacs because of their new Kettering V-8 engines. He was driving his brand new Cad through Arizona on his way to the west coast, when one of the Firestone tires the Cad was equipped with, blew out at high speed, after fighting the big car to a stop with the blown tire, he had it towed to the local Cadillac dealer, they refused to replace the obviously faulty tire, my old man was livid with anger, and had the cad towed again to a Cooper tire dealer, who replaced all 5 tires, and my Dad never would accept a car with Firestone tires again, and it was one of the few lessons I heeded from my Dad, and I have never had a car with Firestones either. Obviously, not every Firestone tire ever made is bad, but an experience like this does tend to sour one, just one more, in 1968 my recent ex wife's Mustang was in need of tires, she saw an ad for firestones that was very cheap, so she asked me to take her car over and get a set, I voiced my objections, but typically she stubbornly ignored my advice, and had a set put on the 'stang, and sure enough, one of the brand new f's blew out!! Other than that, I have no quarrel with them at all, Rolf

Guest imported_V12Bill

Rolf, It seems there was some sort of blowout (pun intended) over Firestones on Explorers failing in recent years past. I think most of this flack was over Fords insistance of lowering the air preasure below what Firestone advised. Back in the late 70's there was also a problem with Firestones failing and causing accidents.Those tires were replaced with the 621 series (or was it 731) of tires and little more was heard by the public. In just about everything there seem to be failures caused by someones good idea to save money and somebody else pays the price. Remember Enron?

OH GOD Bill, in the interest of harmony and the high tone of this forum, do not get me started on big corporations ripping off the general public, and oil and energy companies in particular, but who can fault "Free Enterprise", Right?? 'Nuff said, another day, another forum-