28 LaSalle

28LaSalle

Differences between phaeton and sport phaeton can vary between makes, models and years, plus GM wasn't always particularly precise when applying body style names like touring, phaeton and convertible sedan. But in general a sport phaeton has a second cowl, often hinged, and a rear windshield.

Gentlemen; would not a second cowl on the "phaeton", make it a "dual cowl" phaeton ? Whilst inclusion of folding trunk rack, dual sidemounts, and other non-body accessories take us from phaeton to sport paeton, or from dual cowl paeton to dualcowl sport phaeton ? Regards; oldiron

Thank-you for the initial response but I'm not really any further ahead. I'm specifically speaking of a 28 LaSalle that I have which has been refered to as a phaeton. I don't know the body style # but The Book lists Fisher body #1168 for phaeton and 1168B for sport phaeton and nearly a $500.00 diference. There is no separate listing for twin cowl phaeton so that may indeed be the diference. Suggestions?? Charlie

The differance between the 1928 LaSalle Phaeton and Sport Phaeton is that the Sport Phaeton has a hinged rear cowl with an attached folding winshield. As I write this I'm looking at a copy of the 1928 LaSalle color brochure depicting the two models. By the way, my 1932 Cadillac V8 which is a convertible sedan is called by the manufacturer an All Weather Phaeton.