HELP W/36 SERIES 40 BUICK ?

gocatgo

ANYONE KNOW WHAT CARB WOULD BE A NATURAL REPLACEMENT FOR 36 STRAIGHT 8 ,1936 SERIES 40 BUICK 2 DR. COUPE?

CANT SEE ANY NAME ON IT ANYWHERE BUT HAS BEEN REPLACED BECAUSE ORIG. SITS ON THE FLOOR RUINED ,WASNT REDONE WHEN CAR WAS 3 YEARS AGO BY BO POWELL DALLAS TEXAS. , TRYING TO GET HER GOIN' AFTER 3 YR. SIT ,NOT STARTED EVEN AND NOW SOLENOID SOUNDS RUFF TOO . ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS GREATLY APPRECIATED . ORIG OWNER IS 80 YRS. OLD AND I WANT TO GET HER PURRIN' ONCE AGAIN FOR HIM . THANX ALL!!

More than likely a Carter WDO will fit it, if as I recall, it's a three bolt carburetor, but there are people around who should be able to repair the Stromberg EE-1. When I sold my car I had an good extra carb, but I sold it about a year ago on eBay. Can't help otherwise. The Series 40 '39 used three different Carter WDO carbs, starting the year with a 419S, swithching to a 440S and finally to a 474S and that one was continued in 1940. Stromberg also made aftermarket replacement carbs for these cars. The '37 and '38 used a Stromberg.