63 Riv headlight switch

petelempert

What is the secret to getting the headlight switch disconnected from the console on a 63? I disconnected the switch at the wire juncture, pulled the console but can't figure out how to get the actual switch off the console. I'm restoing the console...but I must be mising something simple. The wiper switch has a set screw beneath the knob...but I can't figure out the headlight switch. What am I missing? I'd be grateful for any insight. Thx PRL

There's a button on the switch that will release the knob and it's rod. Push in the button and pull the knob and rod out of the switch; then you can unscrew the escutheon that holds the swtich to the console. I think you have, but make sure that you either disconnect the battery or pull the wiring harness from the switch; when you pull the knob and rod out, it will turn the switch to the on position. When reinstalling, just push the knob/rod all the way in, it will engage the release mechanism inside the switch. Once the switch is free from the console, reinstall the knob/rod so you won't lose it.