72 Cutlass FM Stereo hook-up

I recentley purchased a factory Am Fm stereo for my 72 cutlass conv. But im having problems understanding how

to hook it up. The radio itself has the large plug that plugs into the stereo unit and three wires yellow(power) blue constant i think and black ground. The stereo unit only has a blue wire where are the speaker wires at I see no signs of plugs or wires. I have even opened the unit up! HHHHEELLP!!!

Sounds like you're missing a plug with some wires out of the radio. GM speaker wire colors are usually green blue grey and brown. I have a '72 Pontiac fullsize and picked up a factory AM-FM stereo for it, and it's just one unit with plugs - that one is even stamped in the case what wire colors go where. I did take a factory Buick AM 8-track out with the seperate amp, but it's put away or I'd go look at it and see what's different.

One thing I probably should bring up is, what speakers are in the car now? It can be set up to work with 2 or 4, but depending on what the car came with it will have different existing wiring -

The yellow wire is feed for the radio and the black is ground for the radio. The blue wire out of the radio is the feed for the front speaker, which is grounded through the speaker frame to the dash. The blue wire out of the Multiplex unit is the feed for the rear speaker, which is also grounded through the speaker frame to the rear sheetmetal.

Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

(snip)

One thing I probably should bring up is, what speakers are in the car now? It can be set up to work with 2 or 4, but depending on what the car came with it will have different existing wiring - </div></div>

Olds intermediates (Cutlass, 442, F85, etc) of this vintage ('70 - '72 for sure, also possibly '68 and '69 - not sure about earlier) with any kind of factory stereo system came standard with only two speakers... one in the center of the dash and the second in the rear area - depending on body style, this could be in the rear package tray on sedans and coupes, the top well on convertibles, or the rear quarter trim in wagons.