Coil adapter plate

gdcont

Here's another picture of the set-up with the coils. The angle brackets come with the plate as well as directions and the info on where to get the coils,condensers and coil bracket. You can also get them from NAPA if you know what you want and not go by vehicle application.

post-43004-143137932804_thumb.jpg

This is a cool idea to solve ignition problems. While your at it, I'd think about a dual MSD 6A

capacitor discharge system and a modern set of 8 mm plug wires. Great for cars that have to sit

a while between useages, and points last much longer. Looks like you have a GM alternator.

I've been toying with the idea of two ignition trigger pickups but haven't figured how to mount yet.

Abe

Wait a minute that is a little to much. I just wanted something that was dependable till someone out there can rebuild these coils so that they are reliable when they are beyond rebuilding. Yes that is a GM style alt again more dependablity. Some day I may spend all the money and restore to where I'll be afraid to drive it,but for now I will just drive it and make sure I don't open the hood when "old Lincoln people" are around. I'll post my results after the season is over. George

Yeah George, that last was way too much, I posted this to you in "Holley Carburetor" a few threads back, but here it is again,

Hey George, I wonder how many guys know that Skip Haney at Skip's Water Pumps in Florida, will put all new insides in your old Lincoln coil for $175, and it should last for more than 20 years and have a much hotter spark, same price as all the coils and wires hanging all over the front of an engine, which this old guy thinks does not look too good, the V-12 distributor is an "objet de arte" in my opinion, makes, a nice mantle piece in the house.

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

That's right Rolf. I have a coil rebuilt by Skip and converted to 12 volts at the same time. Car has now run about 60 miles and seems very good, but its still early days. The service from Skip was excellent and it looks just like the original, so nobody knows.