1934 Model 91 Windshield Moulding

cophrus

I am in the final stages of restoring my 1934 91 Club Sedan. I have two problems: 1) I have run into a problem in that the windshield channel rubber for the front windshield does not appear to be available from any of the usual sources. There is a thin piece of stainless with tabs that should fit into a channel in front of the windshield. They were vulcanized from the factory, but I can make it work if I can find the right channel. 2) We have spent three days trying to get the hood to line up with the body. The sides line up perfectly with the belt moulding and the grille shell and cowl on the bottom half. The top front and back is off by about 1/4 inch on both sides, and after about six of my yahoo friends and I looking at it we are stumped. There is no room for play on the bottom half! There has to be a rocket scientist out there somewhere! If you wish to cohntact me via E-Mail, I am kevpatpul@socal.rr.com. Phone is 714-701-0390 days. Thanks. Kevin.

Mark, I will call Kevin tomorrow and tell him that you answered his message.

The problem the way I saw it was that the spacing between the grill and the hood side was not unform all the way down from top to bottom and there seemed to be no adjustment to fix it. The gap seems to be greater at the bottom than at the top. Moving the top of the grill shell away from the hood would give a greater gap than there was at the cowl. I think he said that the bottom of the grill could not be moved toward the hood.

We looked at my 35 90 series and it appears to be the same.