Duane's new adventure

JohnD1956

Guest ZondaC12

wow!!!! thats awesome, i cant wait to see it in person.

what a good reminder...i have been wanting to ask you this forever!!!---WHAT denotes whether or not the '56s had that swoopy roofline? for me, that looks SOOO good on those cars. the first time i saw your car i thought "i think '56 is my favorite year for buick out of that decade." the roofline is what does it though. that and the front end.

was it only certain models? or was it a trim code or something? every time i see it i want one.

The sweepspear and the headlight doors are different. I love the roadmaster headlight doors, painted with the small thin line of chrome. If I get to repainting my car, I'm putting a set on mine. I'll never go for more than the driver class with my car anyway.

Zonda, the roof line is not what's swoopy. It's the belt line on the rear quarters. The Roadmaster and Super had that dip there. It's more prominent on Duane's Roadmaster in the pictures. The Century and the Special did not have the same thing. They had a stamping on the side in the same area, but the belt line at the glass was straight across. A small thing but a world of difference in the cars.

JD