'24 Opera Coupe

StevenOz

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of a 1924 Buick Opera Coupe - Cobalt Blue. It's been well maintained (everything original)but hasn't been started for a few years. The elderly gentleman that owned it was ill the few years before he passed. I'm looking for information or if anyone knows anything particular about this car. Right now I'm working on the wiring system off the motor generator. These wires need to be replaced. Can I get NOS wires to replace them? I want to keep "everything" original if I can. So you know, I'm not a mechanic and I'm not a car enthusiast but I fell in love with this car and had to have her. If it means anything in this forum....she spoke to me.

Steven, first off make sure you post in the Buick Club Forum as well. You should join the Buick Club of America and the Antique Automobile Club of America as you will meet many other people who own cars "that speak to them."

There are plenty of manuals available to help you and certainly the correct wiring is available through many sources, some can be found through Hemmings which you will find at your local bookstore. Off hand I can think of Rhode Island Wiring, Harnesses Unlimited but there are many others.

I would also check out to see if there is a local AACA car club or other club that you can join to get the fun out of doing things with other car people. Welcome to the hobby!

Steven,

Welcome to the forum. The Steve M is right on. I too suggest that you join the BCA to get all the benefits of BCA membership, the Bugle publication and the Pre-War Division (no charge with BCA membership).

To answer your question, I have purchased two wiring harnesses from Austrailia where our US dollars are still worth a bit more than face value. Even with shipping costs, it could still cost less down under. The quality is excellent too.

http://www.vinwire.com.au/vehicles.htm

Steve M:

I contacted Rhode Island Wire Service and they got back to me in a day and said they can make exactly what I need and cheap too. I'm sure I'll be calling them for more. I wrote to Kara Pease. Really helpful!!! Thanks for the advice.

SteveOz