00 and Error Code...

Guest jadesdrift90

Guest jadesdrift90

...and absolutely nothing else.<P>I want to thank all who have ever participated in this forum with their problems and solutions. <P>I had the above thingie pop up on my display panel two days ago...on and off (she is a 90). I did a search here and now have more than enough info to deal with this. Honestly, I would have been lost without it...<P>So thanks again fellow Reatta owners,<P>Jade<P>P.S. Cripes I forgot to ask...can I still drive the car before I get this fixed???<p>[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: jadesdrift90 ]

Does it say something like electrical error? Unfortunately this is not uncommon and may require replacement of the cluster or something as simple as the reseating the connector on the back of the cluster. Also check the connections at the ground and hot connections near the battery on the right fender. They are inside black (ground) and red (hot) plastic boxes. It should not bother the way the car operates as the computer connections are generally unaffected.

Guest jadesdrift90

That is exactly what it said...00 ERROR...and the orange square at the lower bottom said "Electrical Problem".<P>I will check those connections tonight after work.<P>Thanks 2seater! cool.gif" border="0

Not at manuals but sounds more like an internal fault in the BCM rather than the IPX (instrument panel display) - major error in POST like the beep codes in a PC. If problem was in display, I would not expect you to see anything at all.

The BCM may be at fault but I have seen three IPC's replaced for this problem (mine included). The reason I mention the connection at the rear, is the fact that mine failed two years after it was replaced and reseating the connection at the rear (from below), the problem has not re-occurred in five years.

When I reseated mine I did it from below. The cover panel below the steering column was removed and it isn't a lot of fun trying to wedge yourself into the footwell area. You can just see the connector on the rear of the IPC and I used a long screwdriver to push on the connection, which floats in the housing behind the IPC module. It went on a surprising amount, maybe 1/8" or so.

It would seem that if you are going to reset the plug that a wee bit of diolectic grease might be in order here. Granted, by the sound of it, this might be a problem while lieing on ones back. Can anyone give the procidure on how to pull the instrument cluster?