Master Editor Update

Good Evening.

There were 10 Master Editors this year. I will list them later in the week. The Publications Seminar was a success, in my opinion.

Let me post just a few points here;

We answered a lot of questions, mostly about the use of color and printing "color publications" costs. Of course, please note that the lack of color pictures only "short you" (not "cost" you, remember, it's not a contest anymore) 5 points.

I was surprised that one region actually printed twice as many issues as they have members. They need 200 issues to get a bulk mailing rate. They give/mail the balance to local merchants, advertizers, and anyone else that may benefit from them. I question how this can help lower newsletter production costs as the printing costs certainly go up by the large amount of issues published.

We passed out copies of the NAAP score sheet, and a booklet that Judy had compiled to explain the new Awards Program.

We hope that everyone learned something from our presentation. A lot of time and effort was put into the new program to promote a more level playing field, allowing even the small chapter to be able to produce a quality newsletter.

Wayne Burgess

The Ten Master Editor Publications;

"In No Particular Order"

Hershey Region- Chuck Wagon News

Tidewater Region- The Mud Flap

Hornets Nest Region- Member?s Parade

Brass-Nickel Touring Region- On the Road Again

North Carolina Region- N C Region News

Gulf Coast Region- The Antique Expression

Gettysburg Region- The Gas Buggy Gazette

Historic Virginia Peninsula Region- Auto Tidings

Minnesota Region- Northern Lights

Wisconsin Region- The Beam

Congratulations to each one of you!

Pat,

Continue to send your newsletters to the 2006 Publications Committee. The 2006 Committee will be judging newsletters until they get their new assignments. The new judging system will reduce some of the required newsletters sent out by AACA Regions.

We'll post the new members here soon, but you'll also be contacted by Hershey with this information. Your Region's President will receive an ORF (Officer's Reporting Form) to be filled out and returned to Headquarters. This form will enable you to enter the Awards Program.

Wayne

Pretty impressive that 3 out of the 10 are NC clubs.

Wayne-

just out of curiosity, how many regions/chapters actually entered the newsletter contest this past year?

Dawn

Dawn,

I am not Wayne but according to the Annual report, the Publications committee reviewed 155 Region and chapter newsletters for 2006. Awards were as follows:

Award of Merit - 42

Award of Distinction - 59

Award of Excellence - 30

Master Editor - 10

That means 14 didn't receive any award.

The number of awards was less in each catgory. For 2005-

The Publications Committee selected 155 regions and chapters to receive awards for 2005.

Award of Merit?37

Award of Distinction?70

Award of Excellence-48

The editors of 14 of the ?Excellence? newsletters were selected to receive the Master Editor Award.