1934-35 Rear bumper gravel deflector ?? need info.

Fred Rawling

ANY HELP ON THIS?????

Finally I found someone with a gavel guard off their car. I can borrow it to copy it. I do not want to copy the wrong one. I tried to fit it to the bumper or body and can not figure out how it goes on the car.

There was a change in the gravel guards at frame number 2794773. I have an earlier frame number. The 1937 parts book that I have lists a different one for fender well jobs. It lists the same gravel guard for all 50, 60, and 90 series cars.

Can anyone send me a picture or description of how the gravel guard mounts on the car, if it is an early or late frame number and if it has wheel wells or not? frawling@bristolhomeloans.com

• 4 weeks later...

Fred,

What Series is your car?

On the Series 40 the tray is one piece if sidemounts are used and two piece if rear mount is used.

My roadster doesn't have any because of the body style but I have friends with 34/35 sedans with sidemounts which do have the one piece tray. If this is the model you are inquiring about I will check and see how they are mounted.

Stuart,

Thanks for the reply.

My parts book shows the same bumper for all 1934 and 35 series 50, 60, and 90 cars.

My friend has a side mount car and his rear gravel shield is 3 pieces. I tried to fit them to my car but I could not figure it out. His car is a 90 series 1934 and his frame number is 2714839. That is a number below the frame number for the change that is listed in the parts book.

The parts book lists one part number for the right side of the gravel shield and for the left side up to frame number 2816567. It lists the inner piece to frame # 2794577. There is no reference to whether this is for regular jobs or fender well jobs.

Further down on the page, it lists the Outer shields for left side and for the right side after frame # 2816567 for regular jobs. It lists the inner section after frame # 2794577 for fender well jobs.

It is confusing. Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Fred

Fred,

Just to further confuse things we used different bumper bars to you in the US.

My parts book ( effective Jan 1, 1947 ) doesn't list any DEFLECTORS, Rear car bumper gravel for any series other than the 40 Series.

They are listed as 1289716 outer right, 1289717 outer left and 1289718 centre, all for the 1934/35 - 40.

As far as I know these clamp onto the Bumper irons, I can try to confirm this for you if you like.

Sorry I can't be more help.

post-31244-14313792456_thumb.jpg