Replacing a Reatta, your opinion?

Guest wally888

Guest TommyH

i personaly like the 87-89 allante, but i heard that the engines wernt too good. i think it would be awesome to make a hardtop for a reatta convertable. that is what they should have included with it!

Guest wally888

The search is over!

Thanks to everyone for their input, will mis my coupe or con'v., maybe both but one will probably stay in the family/daughter.

I bought either a Sc430, Crossfire, Sky, Pontiac...............

Want to guess before looking below?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...956961&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...956961&rd=1,1

Guest wally888

Bought coupe in 2000 w/ 69k miles. Now a whooping 101k! 6 1/2 years= less than 5k a year.

Guess in 2012 I'll have an 05 Crossfire w/ 28k miles.

Let us know of your experiences. Heck, if you're old enough you could swing by and take my 85 year old mom out for a date. She lives in Sarasota

Guest wally888

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let us know of your experiences. Heck, if you're old enough you could swing by and take my 85 year old mom out for a date. She lives in Sarasota </div></div>

Wish you'd told me sooner, she could have delivered it!

Guest wally888

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The road is long with many a winding turn. Unfortunately she doesn't make all of them. Enjoy the ride. </div></div>

Initially I thought I might miss a few but only when I was looking at 110+mph! Don't think your Mom would have enjoyed the ride, I was scared a few times!

Drove it about 150 miles yesterday and about 300 today. It ain't no touring Coupe!

Is a beautiful thing w/ top up or down but probably won't live here long. I will explain further later. I was surprised to get 23 mpg for the entire trip, especially since I drove , except for a few punches, about 80 mph.

Was passed today by a nice Crossfire Coupe, and again noted the similarities. I really like the coupe. Actually it was my mom who pushed my dad to make the speedometer bar "turn red" in our 55 Century. Ending up at 115 in 55. With windows down. Wow1!!!

Guest joereatta

Congrats! It is a fun little car that likes to run fast(owner's manual gives top speed at 150).Don't expect you'll get any cowl shake with the specially built frame from Karmen. Enjoy.

Guest wally888

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats! It is a fun little car that likes to run fast(owner's manual gives top speed at 150).Don't expect you'll get any cowl shake with the specially built frame from Karmen. Enjoy. </div></div>

Is yours an SRT6?

Guest joereatta

No, just the naturally aspirated 3.2L in a hardtop with automatic slap shift. I can't imagine what an additional 100 hp would be like in this little car. The 215 hp makes it a decent boulevard racer but it certainly is at its best on the highway and the curvy country roads in the Poconos. Now if I can only get used to the spoiler deploying at 60mph . . .

Guest wally888

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, just the naturally aspirated 3.2L in a hardtop with automatic slap shift. I can't imagine what an additional 100 hp would be like in this little car. The 215 hp makes it a decent boulevard racer but it certainly is at its best on the highway and the curvy country roads in the Poconos. Now if I can only get used to the spoiler deploying at 60mph . . . </div></div>

There is no cowl, or anything else, shake! But is very noisy as if window or top, air leaks. Visability is very limited to the rear.

I have yet to drive w/ the top down, maybe today if it warms up.

The suspension on the SRT6 is very stiff and the run flat tires are hard=asphalt is O.K. but concrete interstates are bumpy de bump.

The 330 HP, when punched, makes you look like Chuck Yager or John Glen on a centrifuge!

Where can I drive this car with a lead foot!?

Guest joereatta

You get used to the limited visability from the rear. Mine doesn't have the run flats, just a can of flat fix and an air pump. Even still, the ride does telegraph road imperfections. I don't suffer from the air leak with my hardtop, in fact it is quite quiet. Brake hard and the brake boost is incredible as is the handling.It is like its riding on rails around corners. I'm a happy camper with mine but had to accept its idiosyncracies(including poor radio reception as the antenna is in the rear window). My power is just right with the standard engine.Much like the Reatta, I enjoy the limited production aspect and still often have people complement the car's appearance.

Guest wally888

Antennae on this one is about 15" long, black, very flexible, (looks like two large twisted wires), mounted on left rear fender.

Drove w/ top down for about 20 miles and really enjoyed.

Of course everyone want to drive or ride. Everyone astonished with the acceleration and handling.

I think the following is true? No 06 or 07 models sold in U.S? Read someplace 06 models were imported from Canada to U.S.

Now, what to do w/ my 90 R. ragtop!

Guest joereatta

I think you're right about suspended sales in US. Your vehicle came with run flats? Were they factory? I'd be very interested in replacing mine with the run flats. Brand? The stock superlow profile tires on mine have no sidewall flex as there is hardly any sidewall. However, as I travel long distances (Poconos to Philly and Philly to Harrisburg)not having a spare tire is somewhat disconserting.