Replace A-Frame Bushings

All hints appreciated for replacing bottom A-Frame bushings on my 1955 Ford. Do I have to take the A-Frame to a machine shop to get old/new bushings presed in/out? Is there a simple way to do it yourself? How about hints on keeping the coil spring from going airborne? Thanks....Ron

They are easy to get out if you have the tools and all you need is a floor jack to lower the A arm and if done slowly the spring wont fly out,I used a air chisle to drive the bushings out and bought big sockets to drive the bushings in the A arms. I did my 55 and a friends 56 so the purchase of the sockets was worth it and I have a 3/4 inch drive breaker bar and ratchet so if I ever run into a large bolt I will have the sockets. Jeff

I DID It!!!! Went to my local Advance Auto Parts Store and they have a Tool Loaner Program. I got their 5-pc. Front-End Fork Kit (which I didn't need) and their 23 piece Ball Joint/U-Joint Service Kit. The Ball Joint Kit has a BIG "C" clamp and numerous cups and attachments. It worked like a champ. Done the whole job in 5-6 hrs. Thanks for all your suggestions!!!! Ron