Black Headliner installed in "BlakTop Trickster" - and a spare!!

manikmekanik

With the assistance of my beautiful bride, I made 2 black headliners last week.

...She did'nt want to go out shopping on black Friday, so we took one blue and one gray headliner, and re-covered them both in black. Earlier this week, I also made the sunvisors and A-pillar covers black as well.

Here's a shot of the headliner installed, the gray details make it "POP".

No current plans for the "spare" one, yet.

Weather is giong south, qwik! I may not get to the tan micro-suede one 'till I get some cars out of the shop. We can re-cover any headliner, any color, yet type of material is limited, due to the geometry of the headliner shell.

post-38921-143137915598_thumb.jpg

Guest mongeonman

super nice job,cant wait to see the car when its finished.hope you will send us some detailed pics.I think my white reatta would lok fantastic with black interior.

Thanx, Y'all!

Working solo most of the time, it's been hard to get process photos along the way, but I'll try to post them in a better organized fashion, (like Phil, nad others), down the road.

TIME is the monster breathing down my neck, I gotta get these cars done, and move them out to make space to do the S T R E T C H job.

post-38921-143137915628_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

...and, finally a before photo of the storage compartment, for spyhunter2k.

When I recieved this car, the rear glass was completely broken-out. The car had taken in rainwater, and this promoted mildew growth.

The entire interior was removed, taken to the carwash and jet-sprayed, before the REAL cleaning could begin. The floorpan was slightly surface-oxidized, so the whole thing got the POR-15 treatment before continuing. Three seat mounting studs broke during teardown, so I ground and welded each 2-3 times until they were as solid as stock, and looked stock.

post-38921-1431379157_thumb.jpg

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maui, Here's a dash photo, the forward dash cover panel is black, with the defroster vent left gray. </div></div>

dashcopy.jpg

Guest jcc3inc

Randy,

I like all your ideas! Mine is a gray(silver)'91 and some of these mods might do well on it.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts.

Regards,

Jack C.

Guest grkman1

Hey Randy In your last picture with the seats out I see thatt the radio module is showing. I bought one to replace but havent done so as yet.

Do I need to take the drivers seat out to access the module or do I need to removed the console

Thanks

There is one screw on each side of the rear console carpet cover which may be impossible to remove with the seat installed. For this reason, I left those 2 screws out when I re-assembled the interior.

I was able to remove a radio from another of the parts cars, without removing the seats, but that one did not have the 2 hidden screws installed. You may have to remove the center console storage box to access the rear of the radio, to disconnect the antenna.

Vincent Vega may have found a process for removing the radio without removing the seats. I saw his pulled out to test another radio, while seats were in his car.

iam perty sure i can remove it by taking of the shifter platte, and center consol trim, and a platic screw or two, it may be hard. i might be easier to remove the seats, thiws is just something i noticed when i took out most of that stuff.

remove shift knob

remove prndl plate & electrical connector

remove two front screws from console top

open ashtray and remove two screws

open lid to console bin(to allow more room to work)

lift console top up and tilt towards pass. seat

remove lighter and ashtray connectors

now you see the radio

remove plastic philips head screws and push nuts from radio cover

lift radio cover off

remove antenna connector

remove four connectors from top of radio. These connectors have a lever/latch you need to press to remove them.

tilt radio back and pick it up slightly

The plug underneath has the same lever thingy the top ones do

it is on the pass. side. reach under from the front and press the lever thing and wiggle the plug loose

remove radio

It may be easier to install the bottom plug if you remove the carpeted cover from the left front of the console.