'88 vs. '89 Struts?

Does anyone know if there is a difference between front struts for an '88 and for an '89? I recently purchased a new pair on eBay, but they are for an '88. I'm wondering if I can have them fitted on my '89.

it might be a good idea to call your local GM Parts store. I was told that there were a few applications that were avalible. If you give you last 8 # of your vin they can tell you just what you need. <P>Here is a point of interest. When asking about the rears of a 90 I was told that 90 Riv, 90 Eldo, and 90 Toro all had these same numbers. I was told that it really depends on the vin of the car as to what suspention it took. Check it out

Apparently in 88-90 timeframe there were two different "W" and "E" car front suspentions - those with conical springs and those with cylendrical springs hence the need for the VIN. Have not seen any conicals so do not know the rationale.

Damn there I go reading something and not seeing. I thought you were looking for rear not fronts. Being that is the case......never mind......but if you ever need rears it still applies. As for parts stores such as AutoZone and the likes, they will tell you that they are unavailible....Damn ignorant "want a be" parts persons. NAPA can cross reference GM part numbers to other brands....CarQuest is good at this too. <P>When in doubt always start with GM. They still list the part even if they are concidered unavailable. Get the part number (s)and at lest you have a starting point.