Beginning training for being a Judge

Durant Mike

I understand that there is a beginner Judge training session in February at the annual meeting in Philadelphia. Is there any difference in attending this one opposed to attending them at the regionals or Hershey? Is it a one day course or several? Anyone know what the cost is?

Guest John W. Harvey

There is no difference in the judging school and there is no fee for current AACA members! No need to sign up in advance either........... just be there! The judging school should last 1.5 to 2.0 hours. See you there........

John

John, sorry but in Philly there is the registration fee that everyone is expected to pay. It entitles you to attend the seminars, judging school, membership meeting and the trade show. No specific charge for just the school. You can register same day for Philadelphia and this year's cost is $20.00 per person.

It is different than our regular meets where someone could just show up for the judging school only and yes, then it is free.

A key difference in attending the judging school in Philly is that there is no apprentice field judging the next day available. Our Durant friend could attend a meet and then be on an apprentice team the next day at a meet but not at Philly.

Guest John W. Harvey

Steve........ my bad......... I was just referring to no cost for the judging school...... should not have assumed that the weekend registration fee was going to be paid.

John