step down patch panels?

Anyone making a patch panel for either the bottom of the quarter panel on the 48-54 Hudson cars, or the lip the quarter attaches to? This seems to be a really common rust area on these cars.

Reason I ask is I found a pair in a U-pull-it and bought the better one - mostly to keep it from being crushed, they pressed the other one today. It needs some rust repair to the rear body and the frame rails in a couple spots, but it was on the road in 1996 and overall is pretty decent. Plus it's set up for a late GM motor and trans. Compared to the rough cars I usually get out of salvage yards, this one is like new -

I think it's a '48 Super Six, the serial number begins 481, it didn't come with a front clip but looks like all 48-49 will work as will long wheelbase 50-54 cars?

I have never heard of one. Only patch panels I know of for the Step-Downs are for the front floors (l and r). You're correct, 481 is the '48 Super Six. I assume '48 and '49 clips will interchange plus possibly the '50 Super Six / Commodore (though there are slight grille differences.

• 6 months later...

I went out and bought another one of these, a coupe this time. It was a killer deal, but the car sat in a basement garage for about 45 years and the unibody rails are weak in the back, especially on the left. Would I be correct to assume I'd need to fabricate replacements with box tube or C-channel to repair that damage, or find a donor for them?

The main body on this one doesn't have much rot, a little on the lower fenders; the left front probably should be replaced, has a big hole by the grille; and the right rear quarter has a little rot over the wheel. The doors still have original paint on the bottoms, no rust there at all.