Please help me Please

1970delta88

Ok I have a 1970 delta 88 With a broken front brake rotor. I go to change the broken rotor. And I go to every autop parts store that has the part listed, but none of them are the right rotor. Not one of them will fit. So my only guess is that the rotors and spindles on my delta 88 are not the ones that came with the car 36 years ago. Which is not that hard to believe but the only problem is that I have no idea what car or what year these rotors and spindle are off of. Has any one run into this problem before. Or does anyone know any cars whos rotors and spindles would fit the 1970 delta 88. Or where I may purchase some spindle and rotors for a 1970 delta 88. Please help me out. I am absolutly stuck here. I have no idea where to go from here.

Please help,

Bear

This is an expensive option, but try Kanter www.kanter.com .

Before 1971, each GM Division used pretty much its own designs for brake and suspension parts and little, if any, interchanges. 69-70 B&C (88-98) body cars use the same rotor/hub assemblies, grp 5.809, p/n 399458, hub and disc, so if the parts store interchange doesn't list those two years specifically, I'd be wary of the part fitting correctly. You may be lucky enough to find an NOS somewhere, as I suspect Kanter's new reproduction brake hard parts are made offshore.

Guest copper128

I don't believe new rotors for 67/68 and 69/70 full-size Oldsmobiles with factory disc brakes are available anywhere. Last I heard, Kanter was working on finding a supplier, but they were at least a year away if at all.

Your only alternative right now is to find used rotors. Be sure to have them miked to make sure they have enough thickness to be useable after turning.

You could also try checking with Fusick to see if they know where you might find a rotor.

Thank You I went to a Value Brake to see if they could tell me where the rotor came from. And they told me that it came off of a truck. They said a half ton truck somewhere near 1970-1985. But I do not know how many GM trucks were made between those years. Or what they where. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the c10 and maybe 20. Do you know how many or what they were ?