side view mirror

Arrallen

the driver's side view mirror on my 90 Reatta jiggles and dances in the mount and the electic motor doesn't work. Did any other GM cars beside Reatta use this style of mirror? Can the mirror and mechanism be removed from the outer shell and replaced?

You might be able to hodge podge something together with junk yard parts from other GM cars of that period.<P>Last I checked, the complete mirrors were available for a reasonable cost. Why mess with old stuff when a brand new mirror assembly can be purchased? <P>Doesn't you fine Reatta deserve it? smile.gif" border="0

You could have more than one problem. <BR>One possible reason the mirror shakes is the mounting screws(behind the glass) are loose. However to get get inside to tighten the screws, you must remove the glass part of the mirror, which usually means breaking it.<P>I suggest you remove the door panel to get to the electrical connection. Jumper 12v to the connector to determine if the mirror actually works or if your electrical problem might be elsewhere. If you can make the mirror function from the connector, now break the mirror glass, tighten the screws, replace the mirror glass and then track down the electrical problem.<P>If you are not getting 12v to the mirror connection, then remove the entire mirror and replace it with a new or used unit. <P>The Reatta mirror is unique to the Reatta.

You could have more than one problem. <BR>One possible reason the mirror shakes is the mounting screws(behind the glass) are loose. However to get get inside to tighten the screws, you must remove the glass part of the mirror, which usually means breaking it.<P>I suggest you remove the door panel to get to the electrical connection. Jumper 12v to the connector to determine if the mirror actually works or if your electrical problem might be elsewhere. If you can make the mirror function from the connector, now break the mirror glass, tighten the screws, replace the mirror glass and then track down the electrical problem.<P>If you are not getting 12v to the mirror connection, then remove the entire mirror and replace it with a new or used unit. <P>The Reatta mirror is unique to the Reatta.