Shipping from Missoula, Mountana

scott12180

Hi --- Could someone recommend a shipper to transport a 1929 Packard from the Missoula, Montana viscinity to upstate New York?

Many carriers will not go to Montana due to weight restrictions on their trucks. And the thread about the problems with Passport/FedEx makes me not anxious to do business with them. (Although I asked them for a quote but have not heard back yet.)

I would consider a private hauler with an enclosed trailer provided he came with good references.

Thanks -- Scott

Passport Fedex can do a good job for you too. I think that the problems outlined in the one thread are more to do with insurance than with the carrier. Most insurance laws and policies don't differentiate between old and new cars and will only pay for damage, not having your car trucked to Canada to have it done, just as it would be for a modern car. I for one don't believe that a shop in Canada are the only people that repair a car on the North American continent, whatever type it is. Damage can and does happen with almost any carrier, unfortunately. I do all I can with my own truck and trailer, but sometimes you need a commercial carrier and right now it can be cheaper than doing it yourself. I have had good luck with Passport the several times that I have used them. Dave Mitchell