Help please!

dozer2

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a car i have recently found. I have found an early model Dodge brothers car or truck, ( from the steering wheel back the body is missing) in an old barn. It is a 4 cylinder, with no factory front brakes but it has steal wheels not spoked wheels. I can not find any tags telling of its model or year, nor have i found a picture of anything like it. It still has the gauges in the dash panel, which was the only way i found that it was a dodge. They still read Dodge Brothers mfg. Please help if anyone has any idea of what it could be. (possible yrs or model) I know the description is vague but its all i have . thank you very much.

Should be numbers above the carb, will tell you what year the engine is. Frame numbers are on a crossmember at the passengers heels on 23 and earlier and on the frame above the rear spring shackle of the right front spring on 24 and later. Get that number and most of us can tell you the year.

Thank you very much. It is still half buried under junk in an old barn, so full pics of it wont be for awhile. we are concentrating on cleaning up other buildings first. I do remember seeing numbers on the block above the carb i will have to write them down. I will post some pictures of it before i pull it out of its long lasting resting spot. I wonder if it is even worth trying to restore fully or even alittle. i figure if the engine turns over it might be a start.

Guest DBtouring

That number means (at least the engine) is a 1925 Series made between May 22 and June 4.

Keep us updated on what you have found.

THANK YOU DB touring you have helped alot! I forgot to tell you that besides the big headlights (i assume there were big headlights but they are now missing) there two little lights near the windshield. The dash panel has three gauges in it . from the left to the right are (if i remember correctly) a gauge for the battery then in the center a bigger speedo with the odometer reading 19286 miles. and the last i believe is oil pressure gauge (could be gas i forgot). Hope this might help alittle. Lastly does anyone know of a good website were i can find pictures of what this could be or what it might have looked like if it is truely a 1925. again thank you for any help.

Guest leadfoot

To view 1925 DBs, or any other make/year, go to Google and select images; then enter <span style="font-style: italic">1925 Dodge Brothers</span> and click. You will get quite a few images to look at.

Dozer2

For any and all information on restoration parts i.e. head lights, body, fenders, engine parts and so forth go to www.dodgebrothersclub.org and there you will find what you need. I my self started with just what you have. Now it is a touring car. That?s a four door convertible. These old cars are easy to work on and quite easy to drive. More then that, they are surprisingly durable and I find that they are really reliable. I also own and drive a 1923 Dodge Truck. Last Saturday my friend needed to pick up his new (ha ha fresh from a backyard) 1928 dodge victory 6 six cylinder engine. We could not get the trailer into the back yard so I drove the old 23 dodge into the yard and we loaded the engine in the back and we drove home at 25 mph. My old dodge truck isn't fast but it does deliver. No it is not fully restored. In fact it runs so well I am reluctant to take it apart. It just runs so well. Well lunch is over, got to go.

Best of luck in restoring this car or truck.

Reuel