Olds 455 w/ "C" heads for sale / Extras also

kcwade

I am in the Kansas City area and recently purchased a 72 GS 455. The Buick big block had been replaced w/ a Olds 455 out of a 69 442 according to the previous owner. I am currently building a Stage II engine and am selling this Olds 455 as well as the TH350 that came w/ the GS.

The block numbers are 30M137064 and the heads are a "C" series, part number 394 548. Best we can tell is the 69 442 had a 70 short block installed (warranty possibly?) The paint underneath the black spray paint is red. Regardless, the 70 block w/ the C heads from what I understand is a very good combination and boht are there complete and running in the car. The engine also has a mild cam, I don't know if this was factory or added later.

The engine runs very strong, doesn't smoke/use any oil, runs consistently at 180 degrees. The stock carb is gone...now has a Edelbrock carb w/ electric choke on an iron manifold and new Edelbrock Performer in the box. Also has long tube headers and Accel HEI distributor.

Would like to sell engine complete w/ carb, headers and aluminum intake. Feel free to e-mail offers or call my business number (913)438-2909. Will condsider all fair offers. Would prefer local pickup, but would consider shipping at buyers expense

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The block numbers are 30M137064 and the heads are a "C" series, part number 394 548. Best we can tell is the 69 442 had a 70 short block installed (warranty possibly?) </div></div>

Actually, a factory warranty replacement block would have come unstamped. The dealers were instructed to stamp the new block with the number from the old block. The fact that this block has a different VIN derivative on it indicates that the block was originally installed in a 1970 production car and at some time the owner of the 69 442 either blew up the original 400 or just wanted a 455. Or else, the motor didn't really come from a 69 442 and was just assembled from various parts (admittedly, good ones, however).

• 8 months later...

This engine is back up for sale. We had to hold off on the engine swap until this spring so the engine is back available. The trans will not be selling w/ the engine, but the engine will be sold as a running unit w/ the Edelbrock Performer manifold as well as the stocker,long tube headers, carb and HEI ignition/coil/wires. I will have the engine available for pickup or delivery in June once the Buick 455 arrives. The engine still runs like a champ, doesn't leak anything, holds great oil pressure and runs nice and cool at 180 (temps are in the 80's around here right now)

• 2 weeks later...

Forward Air can ship it to your closest major hub for probably around $350-400. I just had an engine shipped from Washington state to KC for $402.

This is a strong running, clean, complete engine..,I'd like to get around $1200-1500 plus shipping but am open to offers. At this point though I still want to sell complete as a working engine...really don't have any desire to part out.