radio antenna-running board

rlcokc

Restoring 36 Buick which was equipped with Delco radio and antenna under running board. Would like to restore to original. Is there any source for replacement antenna which mounts under running boards? If not, any suggestions. Thanks

Rod

I am restoring a 1936 Buick Century 61 sedan. I sent off the Buick Ranger radio to be restored. I saw on some message board that "Harnesses Unlimited" has replacement runningboard antennas, at least for a 1937. I heard also that even these new antennas don't function all that well but I want to restore back to original.

What model is you '36?

Good luck

Tom Wallace, Dayton, OH

Mine is model 41. I googled "harness unlimited" and didn't come up with anything helpful. I believe my radio is the Master and the speaker is the big round one which mounts under the dash. I have the old antenna(s) which were mounted under each running board and connected to each other under vehicle. They are made of thin metal strips perhaps 3/4" in width. I don't believe the insulator's which Bob's Automobilia sells for the 37 will fit the 36. I've read about hidden antenna which can be placed in headliner and if I cannot find replacement it seems I would be better off using antenna which would not be visible. If you find a source or additional info on replacemnet antenna please let me know. Thanks for reply.

Rod

• 3 months later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Received call from Harness unlimited and was told they do not have nor can they assemble the radio antenna for runningboard. They strictly do wiring harness. </div></div>

When you talked to them, by chance did you get a phone number for them?

R1chy