Deer Hunter Upgrade?

jonnyoz13

As you may recall, my 90 Reatta pegged Bambi a few months ago, have been thinking about what to do with her. With over 250K on the clock and damage to the front half (only body) of the car, I am tempted to scrap the remains. Although a complete retrofit is in consideration. Options? Do I buy a cheap parts car for the body and replace the worn out engine/trans package? if so I would want to upgrade to a killer combo or not at all. Thoughts on this please.

Guest F14CRAZY

Is your engine/tranny loose?

Manik here, I think, also had a "Deerslayer"

There's also the Riviatta alternative which would be rather simple and cheaper than a Reatta front clip.

Or, there's always Jim Finn

Unless the interior of the car is pristine.... I would look for a lower mileage car and keep this one for parts. The parts car can supply you with parts you might need and help pay for the upgrade to the lower mileage Reatta.

With a little searching, you can find nice cars with mileage around 100K for $3,000-4,000 Where else can you buy a car that cost $30,000 new for that money?

If these cars were Corvettes, a 1989 model with 100k would be selling for $7-9K

Guest imported_barra

I had an '89 with 270,000+ miles. Everything has a life of its own and at this age/mileage, you'll be "chasing" one little problem after another. My current car is an '88 and I just replaced the ECM, IAC and TPS- and , the brakes and a few other things that I can't remember and I have 95,000 miles on it.

...and a photo, post repairation.

I bought a white/maroon parts car, 300 miles away, towed it back, only to find it was a red car in it's prevoius life. With 281,000 miles on the clock, it was still a strong runner/driver but, Bambi-Killer was the better car, with only 181,000 miles.

I still have the "donor" car, with a plethora of good, used parts available. It still runs, yet is'nt pretty enough for the road!

post-38921-143137906356_thumb.jpg