Manual transmission thoughts

Guest F14CRAZY

Guest F14CRAZY

Yes, eventually, I am going to replace the 4T60 with a 6 speed manual from a G6/3900. Don't worry. Give me some time.

Anyway, I found the following ratios...

First:

Second:

Third:

Fourth:

Fifth:

Sixth:

Reverse:

Final drive

How would this compare with the 4T60? I know our final ratio is like 2.92 or so. I found it interesting that anything over 3rd is an "overdrive", but again, we have the higher final drive ratio.

Greg can probably "chime in" here. I think he said RPMs are 2100 or so at 70 mph.

It sounds like the total reduction in top gear is pretty close if the rpm @ 70 is correct. I cannot find gear ratios for the automatic listed in the manual. Mine runs 72 mph @ 2000 rpm. What does yours do now? I would think it should be similar. The final drive should be 2.97.

Guest CL_Reatta

Not to Hijack this thread, but does the Reatta have a computer override on the shifter, such as when driving using the 1,2,drive, and overdrive selectors on the gearshift instead of having the car do it automatically. This is kinda hard to explain for me, but on some cars (such as in some Chryslers) lets say you manually put it in 3rd gear, if you need to stop the computer will automatically downshift to 1st until stopped instead of staying in 3rd gear, whereas on other cars (such as the Lexus IS 300) you have complete control of the gears and it will stay in the gear you selected until you move the shifter.