Michigan Meet

34 Dodge

To all who put the Meet together,

Thanks for a wonderful week of fun. It was quite apparent that you spent a lot of time and effort to assure that we all were well taken care of. The comeraderie of the Dodge Brothers and Sisters make all of our gatherings like a family reunion.

The weather was great and the scenery was spectacular! To those who could not attend, make sure that you make next year's meet in Canada. I'm sure that the Canadian hospitality will assure us of another successful and entertaining week of fun.

Unfortunately, in my travels with my 1934 Dodge following the Michigan meet, I was going to Chryslers at Carlisle in Pennsylvania and the WPC Meet in Virginia, I suffered a major injury when I stepped in a hole in a sidewalk in Connecticut. I ruptured my achilles tendon and will be in a cast until at least Halloween. That quickly ended all of the shows for this year, including one of my favorites; Hot August Nights in Reno. My wife, who only once towed a trailer before, was forced to tow "Jurutha" from Connecticut to Los Angeles in 6 days so I could get to my doctor for care (the Emergency Room physicians told me to go home for the operation).

It was great seeing all of you in Michigan and I am planning to be at Canada's Meet next year.

Ken Sobel

Guest Jack27

Ken:

A word was left ou of our message about yur accident. It said "we hope you have a long recovery" and it should have said "we hope you do NOT have a long recovery"

Jack and Betty Carpenter