Electric Fuel Pump

Moin

I'm in need of a Fuel Pump for my '63 olds 98 and the 2 pumps that i found and purchased on e-bay I never received. they were either lost or stolen, one fater the other. Talk about rotten luck!

Is there some type of electric fuel pump I could use in the interim till I find the correct original type pump? I saw a few on e-bay which were the universal type. If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate that.

Thanks, I sent them an email so lets see what they say. However I was wondering if only the glass bowl filter pump would work on my car as I've seen several Olds pumps on e-bay which don't have the glass bowl filter and if I attach a seperate in-line fuel filter, would that work? As long as the length of fuel pump arm is the same as the one with the glass bowl pump, I don;t think there should be a problem.

There must be SOME alternative if the original can't be found.

Yes, there is an alternative. You can go to your local Napa parts house and they should be able to get you an electric pump that works for your car. I've used them before and they are easy to install. Just remember to by pass the original one if you use these. I would also use one as a last ditch effort.

Good luck with the car

Ron

Uhh, Ron- I don't think they have NAPA stores in Pakistan...

You'll have to have a 1963-64 pump if you stick with mechanical. The timing covers are different from the earlier engines.

If you can get an electric pump, find one that delivers 3-6 psi fuel pressure. More than that might create carburetor flooding problems. Mount it at the rear of the car near the fuel tank so it "pushes" the fuel to the carburetor.

What is a glass bowl filter pump?????????

The fuel filter with the glass sediment bowl is on top of the engine.

The fuel pump is on the lower pass. side of the engine, two seperate units.

I am confused.

Buying a pump from e bay would be risky. If the pump is old it will have the old type diaphragms and they dry out with time . Go with the rebuilding service from "Then and Now" and put the same pump on that you took off the car, you will not be disappointed.

Good luck, Dave

Sending them your pump will assure you have the

post-40107-14313790093_thumb.jpg