touchscreen

had to disconnect negative battery cable to clear a/c code. when reconnected the touchscreen how shows riviera instead of reatta. also fog lights now burn whenever car is running-cannot control then with switch and they remain on for about 20 seconds after car is shut off. acts as if car has twilight sentinel-it does not. any ideas? confused.gif" border="0

Guest Stan Leslie

This is an new original quirk. I think you win the May award. I will assume you have an 88 or 89, to display 'Reatta'. The BCM, I think, can be reprogrammed for Riviera vs Reatta and Daytime Running lights (required in Canada), activated or not. I think this can be done through the diagnostics mode, although I have never attempted. Maybe someone else has had a similar experience.

Guest Stan Leslie

Checked my 89 service manual. It appears that the BCM can be reprogrammed (see pages 8D-11 and 8D-13 & 14). You can view the EEPROM contents to see if that is the problem (BD90 Option Content #1), by referring to 8D-11. If re-programming is required, that can be done using the 'override' function as outlined in 8D-13 & 14.

I know the light problem should be programable thru the CRT. The Riv' from Reatta I don,t have a clue. I put in a Riv'<BR>CRT in my Reatta and it displays Reatta.<BR>The service manual has programing instructions. shocked.gif" border="0

This may be tough to solve since you probably don't have a service manual. <P>First question, are you headlights also on?<BR>I believe on the '88-'89 you can turn on the headlights without opening the headlights.<BR>If they are on,try turning them off and what happens to the fog lights?<P>There is a possibility that Stan is correct.<BR>In section 8D-14, Data Display code BD90 is option content #1. If somehow code 132 appears as one of the options, that would tell the BCM your vehicle is a GM30 (Riviera)<BR>option 148 is GM33 (Reatta)<P>several pages later, under Override Displays, <BR>it appears that BS06 will allow you to select the above options. <P>If someone has an '88 or '89 and a service manual, you might look at this and see what happens.

the headlights can be on or off. it does not effect the fog lights. they burn all the time and are not controlled by their switch or the headlight switch.