2 Prewar Zephyrs for sale

Rolf

Just sent Bob Mead pictures and a write-up on a 1938 4 door, and a 1940 3 window coupe to put on the pre-war cars for sale site, they are a little rugged, but mostly there, scattered around the property they are on in Northern Arkansas, with a horde of later cars, the prices are right, but these you will not just jump in and drive away, will be glad to try and answer any questions, thanks, Rolf

Yes you do Phil, there were originally 2 '40 3 window coupes for sale, one has already been sold. If the one left does not sell as is soon, plans are to sand and prime all the sheet metal, fenders doors hoods and lids etc, and set the parts on the car for a photo shoot, with a resultant rise in the price, so if the styling of this car has appeal, now is the time to start moving, especially with the Columbia. There is a nice clear rear window for it, and it has all the major parts, and of course a disassembled V-12, Rolf

Rocky, all the pictures I presently have of the '38 (4) are on the prewar cars for sale site of the LZOC, or I can send them to you if you would prefer, they are very large, and take a while to download, write me at rolf@got.net It's main lacks are grilles, and so far we have not found one running board, but it is likely to turn up, a little dis-organised for sure, but remember that it is more fun this way, right?? It has all the fenders and skirts, and I believe the bumpers, the engine is all there but disassembled completely, and it has the correct '38-'39 transmission with the strange curved shifter. My main job will be sorting, inventoring, and identifying 2 tons, 4000 lbs of small parts in 165 cardboard cartons, I will be doing this where I live in California, and as parts appear for the '38 and '40, they will be shipped to buyers of these 2 cars, so hopefully most of them will be found and furnished. The parts were poorly handled when the owner passed on, and his son has been trying to make head and tail of the resulting chaos, and a great deal of the salient parts have already turned up, so we are hopeful that there will be enough to provide a viable car in short order, we have got the price down to encourage a buyer to work with us, and trust us to do the right thing, thanks a lot, let me know, Rolf