1956 Roadmaster 2-Door Hardtop Riviera

Does anybody have production data for my car? I had wanted a '56 since I was 9 years old and now I have a '56 2-door Roadmaster hardtop Riviera. Claret red. I've never heard it run. Bought it from a friend who after getting more parts than he needed for this project, then got enamoured with a Toronado so I finally got to buy the Buick. He had driven it to his garage, but I have never bothered trying to start it. The car is complete, but needs restoration.

Anyway -- I'm looking for production figures, as these seem to be as rare as hen's teeth!

--Brooks in Dallas

(I posted this same info at Budd's 1956buick.com site)

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Brooks:

Welcome to the wonderful (and sometimes strange) world of Buick! We would like to have you as a member of the Buick Club of America and the North Texas Chapter, which is based in the D/FW area. The tech advisors of the club will prove very helpful, the club members have, or can find, anything you need. The chapter meets usually on the second Saturday of the month at 1 or 2 PM. I think I heard that next month's meeting is at the Bodacious Barbeque in Arlington on Division Street.

Regards, David Corbin, South Central regional director, BCA

Guest imported_MrEarl

Congratulations on your 56 Roadmaster, after the 54 I like the 56 Roadmaster next. Especially the trunk and front fender trim. We'd love to see and hear more about yourself and the car in the Me and My Buick forum. Let us know if we can help in any way and WELCOME ABOARD!!!