Great experience!

ronbarn

On my way back from Punta Gorda, we stopped to see the Amelia Island Concours. The array of magnificent and exotic passenger cars, racing cars, and motorcycles was just awesome. The feature car was the Pierce Arrow. I have never seen so many of the make together in one place.<P>But the great experience came at the end of the show. Paul Ianuario, the Director of the BMW Zentrum (museum) in South Carolina was displaying a 1938 BMW 328 and the first BMW motorcycle which was made in 1923. Paul asked if I would like to drive the motorcycle through the exit parade and then back to the trailer which would return the bike to SC. Here I was offered an opportunity to drive the first BMW bike, the one which had just won the Best of Show Bike award at the prestigious Amelia Island Concours, and you can only imagine how quickly I said YES! I ended up driving the bike about a mile through traffic. Sally and Paul said my grin was as wide as my mustache. It was indeed a great experience.<P>I hope you all don't mind me spending my 1000 post on a personal experience,

Ron, I bet all of us would love to have the opportunity to have such an experience to be able to write about. I'll have to speak to Paul about that since I live within 30 miles of the BMW plant.

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Ron, You are the father of the DF, a long time board member, and former National President. You have the right to post what ever you want at the 1000 mark. SalG

Guest BruceW

Evny...Envy....Envy.....<P>Really tho.. Its great to see good things such as this happening to really deserving people!<P>

I missed the Punta Gorda meet because I had my Pontiac in the Amelia Island Concours this year. We also took a 26 Alfa to the show. It was a great meet for a good cause and met a lot of good people during the 3 days. Even had the chance to meet Junior Johnson and my friends daughter that went with us shared a elevator with David Letterman.<P>The most fun was going out to the rigs the day before and talking to the owners and checking out the cars. Much better than on show day.<P>Our cars did not win any awards however My Classic Car was shooting the Concours and they picked 4 cars of which one was my Pontiac to do a future show.<P>If you ever have the chance to make the Concours you will be glad you did.

Bruce ~ Ron and I go back too many years for my comment to be anything but good clean fun between two old friends, past board members and past Presidents. You have to have been there to really understand the humor in my comment. smile.gifsmile.gif hvs