Pictures from the "Barrett-Jackson" Show!

R W Burgess

These are pic's of the green 1954 Pontiac Concept car. I think there is a picture of the engine on my friends 35mm. I'm not sure if we got the pic but, for what it's worth it is a FLATHEAD SIX with 3- carbs!!! The red car is a 1972 Chrysler Concourse De Elegance. I didn't check the engine but,it is a 2-seater with about 6 pieces of luggage where the back seat would be. There is no trunk and the spare is electrically presented to who ever is going to change a tire from under the spare cover. The siver car is the Pontiac Firepower, I don't remember what year it is, I'll look it up in my $20 inc. S&H B-J catalog when I can.Notice the red interior, that was a great color combination.Also notice the hump in the middle of the hood, we don't know if there was some functional purpose or not.

Thanx, Dave

These are pic's I took at the B-J auction, the Olds was last year and the rest were this year. As far as I know the bus was built in 1950 and it toured the U.S. along with the concept cars, used as a display with a stage and all that.

It was called the "Parade of Progress".

Thanx for lookin', Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know what this thing is??? grin.gifgrin.gif Hard to believe GM got involved in this exercise. Should have spend the money on something that was sellable.

</div></div>

Believe it or not - couple of years there was on article about these gm-vehicles in FINNISH automobile magazine. I'll post more info if I'll find it...(So, this was not the only this type of gm-vehicle built)

I had a phone call of my friend - because we are BOTH real Imperial enthusiasts.

He had heard that they had sold an Imperial convertible from 1957 for 380 000 dollars at B&J's!!!

previously owned by Howard Hughes.. Well..actually his corporation. BUT I believe this MUST be the highest price paid on Imperial EVER!!?!?!?

Hughes 57 Imperial on B&J's

Any one know any details on a light blue '57 Chryler Imperial convertible that sold, and was "supposed" to be owner by Howard Huges? I heard $350k, but it sounds like a crock and bull story. If so, were was car from?

I'm thinking Howard was the previous owner of my 1989 Nissan.... It will be in the action next year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Any one know any details on a light blue '57 Chryler Imperial convertible that sold, and was "supposed" to be owner by Howard Huges? I heard $350k, but it sounds like a crock and bull story. If so, were was car from?

</div></div>

That car was at the Imperial Palace in Vegas for some time where I saw it. It was Hughs' car. It was the 1st car to have AC and a air purification system. Hughs designed it to keep out all the bad things in the air.It is a massive unit taking up most of the trunk area.