Lifter ticking 324 eng

WJW

Have installed new cam,lifters and push rods. Removed and disabled rocker shafts,making sure all oiling holes are clean. Reasambled,started engine,oil presure 40lbs.Engine at operating temperature,650 RPM,the engine ticking was moderate to heavy.Removed rocker covers,started engine 500 RPM. Little to very little oiling from the rocker arm to the push rod.(More oiling front,less oiling rear>)20/50 oil in engine.Engine tempature 180.NEED FEED BACK any IDEAS?

Are you sure the predrilled holes in the cam bearings lined up with the oil galley holes drilled in the block? The rockers get thier oil through the #2 and #4 cam bearings. If the holes are not lined up you will not get oil to the rocker arm shafts. That, however, would not explain the noisy lifters which get thier oil from the left and right main galleys...Bob

All oiling holes line up.Thinking about this more I am going to replace oil and filter again and put 10w30 in. Let it run at 650 rpm. May be just may be I still have air in the system and the cam lobes need to wear in. If that does not work I will be looking for a oiling kit that was suggested.I will keep you guys informed. Thank you all. WJW