This months JWO

Guest 85CieraHoliday

• 2 weeks later...

I have absolutely no idea on what to vote for or against. I don't know what the current by-laws say or why the changes are considered necessary by some. Maybe I don't really care, as long as I receive my copy of JWO. Probably a lot of "members" are really "subscribers" to JWO.

Normally I won't recommend a vote either way on stuff like this as I feel people are capable of making up their own minds.

However... without going into all the dirty details that provoked these bylaw change proposals, I will say that it IS in OCA's best interest to vote for the changes. Certain parties used their positions for personal benefit at OCA's expense, and when exposed, tried to lie their way out of it. The proposed changes are supposed to create closer checks and balances on the Executive Board and Board of Directors.

For the record, I do not get any compensation from OCA for moderating the AACA-OCA forums, and I pay for my membership like everyone else. I was reimbursed for travel expenses the year I went to Atlanta to approve the 1996 National Meet show site and contracts (right after Dennis Casteele died); other than that, the only thing OCA ever gave me was a Zone director badge. I even paid for my own OCA business cards, before any other Zone directors were using them.