1989 BUICK REATTA...FYI

NCBRIJEN

No, it's definitely NOT a parts car, yet it is not an excellent #2 condition car, either.

CPI/Hemmings values the 89 Reatta coupe (most common of all Reatttae) in #2 condition at $6675, with #3 good cond. as $4450.

Your price is within the range it should be, granted it is in "Better than Good" condition.

The sunroof option helps your value, as long as it's fully operational, and has no leaks, nor rust.

You may want to consider replacing the steering wheel to hold your price.

Guest imported_barra

A car "broker" told me that Reattas are valued between $2500-$3200. The convertibles are higher priced but he didn't elaborate.

Guest myfirstbuick

It doesn't really matter what any magazine, or any broker, or salesman values a car to be - A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

That's why I stated what I stated. The seller isn't going to get $5500 to $6000 for his car. Miles are too high. I'm definitely not saying it's a parts car. But if he wants to ask $5600 for it he's dreaming. We always see these cars offered for price but seldom see what it actually takes to buy it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It doesn't really matter what any magazine, or any broker, or salesman values a car to be - A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. </div></div>

This is very true, yet buyers occasionally use these guides as a reference to decide how high the cars' values can be, in order not to pay too much.

In the end-game the buyer AND seller determine the selling price.

Randy,

Thanks for your words of reassurance on my asking price; I believe it to be quite reasonable especially after seeing some of the poor beat up Reattas around and their asking price. I would like to get my asking price since I have recently replaced all four struts, four new brake pads and read caliper, replaced all speakers with Polks audio and installed four new tires this spring, however any reasonable offer is considered. Your mention of the steering wheel, the steering wheel is in perfect condition what you see in the picture is a leather grip cover which I have placed on to protect the original steering wheel.

post-31441-143137882729_thumb.jpg

a) Please use the URL function when posting a link. I do not know about anyone else but on

my PCs the screen width is extented to contain the entire URL on a single line which

means I must scroll the page to read postings.

B) Autotrader Advt.

- only one picture. When I posted the Bonne, I put in nine pictures including one of the

undercarriage. Had a couple of people comment that they did not think any unrestored car

could be that rust free. Closeups help. In the interior shot posted on the list the week

really looks bad, to tell it is a cover you have to know where is the seam on a factory wheel.

- text: Condition needs to be at the top, that is the first thing people are interested

in. California car now in Charlotte is a plus but have to dig to see it.

-milage: To many people

134,000 is a lot even though less than 8,500 per year. Are still quite a few with less than 100k.

Need to talk to that.

Bottom line: you are asking a premium price and need to tell people why it is worth it.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks Padgett. I will see how I can add/change the autotrader ad when it comes up for renewal. I just know that this Reatta is worth the asking price although I will consider others as well. My biggest fear is that someone will want to part it out or "pimp it up". I actually am not in a hurry to sell it but my wife is pushing for a Rendezous. Maybe I can get her to wait for the Buick Enclave?

**give me a call or e-mail me if anyone is interested or has a question. NCBRIJEN@MSN.COM

THANKS

post-31441-143137882731_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...