Nice GSX on ebay 4597411262, 180,100 $

Guest norb

This particular GSX is the most perfect example of the marque. It has won many awards, and if you look at the money that is being paid for Hemi Mopars, you will see that Buick is finally being recognized as a true "muscle car"

I think it is crazy too, but there are lots of people our there with way too much money. They are the ones that set the prices, as they have the cash to back it up.

While, I want to understand that there is $$ out there for purchasing prized cars for personal collections, I don't really think there is real money behind these purchases, there is alot of money being used through banks, loans, etc, I understand there is useful ways of getting $$ for short term loans, that would lead you to believe that the folks ponying up for the big bucks on automobiles, would be looking for short term investment and turn some profit within a few days/months. Hence the big $$ on some cars, the Hemis and others have brought big bucks, recently and the Buicks, just kinda stand alone, until recent ebay offerings, which we will see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

In many auctions with reserve prices, it's possible to have friends who bid under the reserve amount to stimulate the "real" bidders. If there is a deal between the buyer and the seller (assuming they know each other), they can artificially boost the amount and the buyer pays the real price at the end of the auction as agreed between both parties before the auction ended (or whenever you think they could have planned that!)... I know there are (minimal) auction fees related to doing such a thing but it might be rewarding for some buyers (or sellers) to let others who watched the auction believe the car was paid that much... It might be good for the resale value too!

I'm not saying this is happening with this particular auction but I think it can happen with many car auctions.

I could even do this with my 65 Wildcat if I wanted to sell it! I could put a 10,000$ reserve on it and tell a friend who'd pay it 2,000$ to bid over the reserve just for fun (with minimal fees from eBay).

BTW, my Wildcat is a 4 door daily driver in average shape, not a perfect 4 speed convertible with the dual quad! grin.gif