Tires

jonlabree

I've never heard of them out here in DeKalb either. Sounds like they should have filter tips, and can be smoked. I'll go over to the local tire store here, and ask about them

Doral tires are very low-line tires manufactured by the Suni Rubber Company in Indonesia. we just had a Reatta arrive here with a set. three of them have tread separation. the tires are about a year old.

if you are looking for excellent tires for your Reatta, the Kumho Touring 732 is unbelievable. you can find them at tirerack.com for about $47 each. I've gotten rid of all the Michelins on my cars (with the exception of one; Kumho doesn't make a whitewall in a 16 inch size), and the Kumhos are far superior.

Mike

The roads in Arizona must be really smooth and in good repair. The highways and byways here in Northwest Indiana aren't as forgiving. I bought a set of the Kuhmo Touring 732s after reading of their virtues on this board. Had them installed on my 88 at the Tire Rack in Southbend, IN. They are really responsive and hold up well while corning. But that same characteristic is what makes it seem like you can feel every crack and pebble on the road. My 19 year old son loves 'em. I've got Goodyear Eagle GPS P215/65R 15 (m+s) on the 89 (came with the car when I bought it) and they make for a cushier ride which I like better. Both vehicles have Monroe Sensa-Tracks on the suspension.

My $.02

Actually, many of the roads in Arizona are in excellent shape. however, I drive on over six miles of dirt roads before I even encounter the luxury of a paved road. these roads are either dusty washboards or foot-deep mud when it rains. I based my opinions on all of these conditions, not just the smooth roads.

the most important thing to remember on any Reatta, regardless of tire manufacturer, is the tire pressure. it should NEVER exceed thirty pounds. many of the tire jockeys automatically put in the maximum listed on the sidewall (usually 35 PSI), and the Reatta will ride like a rock, as well as bounce on every bump. it was not designed for the newer high-pressure tires.

Mike