WANTED: BOAT-TAIL SKIFF COACH PLANS&PHOTOS!

Guest Silverghost

Guest Silverghost

WANTED: Boat-tail skiff type body plans and photos for a Springfield RollS~ROYCE 1927 Phantom I that I just bought!!!

I wish to build Boat-tail Skiff Coachwork in Mahogany wood or Sheet Metal on wooden framework.

Has anyone done this??? Is there a coachbuilder in the eastern USA who will do this???

Are there any plans for skiff coachwork out there???

Photos of existing skiff coachwork greatly appreciated...(Not necessarily R~R) as I am looking for some ideas???!!!

Any and all help geatly appreciated!!!

Silverghost1926@msn.com

SILVERGHOST - That's a huge undertaking what you want to do and I tip my hat to you a dozen times! They are probably the most impressive bodies you could put on a car , bar none. With labor costs the way they are your going to be spending a Kings ransom , but being such an important undertaking you could take many pictures and write a book on it. I tell you I'd buy a copy !!! cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

.................. Steve

P.S. - Would you sign it for me ? ooo.gif

..............Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Skiffs were featured at Pebble Beach last year and I think there is a pretty good article in the program about them. You might call and get one. I would find a good wood worker who has done either boats or car structural wood work or both and then do some hard looking at these to find the one you want to copy. Some are more elegant than others. Scott Isquick in OH has a nice Mercedes and I think it had to be rebuilt from the ground up after a fire, (if not in a fire, it is still gorgeous now) so you might talk to him about what it takes to have it done. I will have to look and see if I have some photos from Pebble of skiffs. Dave Mitchell packard12s@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...