Am I missing something here? See for yourself - 74' LeSabre

Guest Shaffer

I have sold my 74 LeSabre 2 door hardtop for 1700$ Can. last summer and I was happy to get this amount for it.

It wasn't in perfect shape but I think it was nice compared to this one...

It's new owner was something like 20 years old and bought it and first told me that he had the intention to sell it at a higher price crazy.gifgrin.gif...

The car had 93,000 miles and he advertises it as having 193,000KMS!

Yesterday, I saw it for sale at 2500$ Can. Not the best season to sell a 30 years old car but I wish him good luck!

http://www.hebdo.net/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=16400361&pgno=1&srt=1

The car was up for bid for 3 days and bid to $1200. Then a new bidder (possible wink-wink here) registered just to bid on this car. Immediately after first bidding $2500 they bid $3000, which hit the reserve.

Either the new bidder is the seller, someone who knows the car, or someone screwing around with the auction (it's happened to me). The stereo is made of good stuff, but as used equipment isn't worth much.

Guest imported_Thriller

So, who puts just plain water into an engine in a region where they know it freezes? Sigh...and then describes the 455 as a great motor...why'd you pull it then?

If the body underneath is decent, getting custom paint (again assuming decent) with the extras might get it there...I don't know.

Guest Shaffer

Yeah, I like that custom paint on the dash there. Painted right over the center part of the dash with a spray can. crazy.gif

Strange about that 455 that he added in there. Had ice in the water pump, so he is now letting this "great" engine go with it. Also, if this car is originally from Ohio, I bet there is some major body filler under that cheap new paint job.

Who knows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also, if this car is originally from Ohio, I bet there is some major body filler under that cheap new paint job.

Who knows. </div></div>

When I repainted my LeSabre, I was surprised to see that the body had almost no rust damage. Considering that both bumpers were rusted out... The front fenders had almost no rust and the only spots on the body where there were small holes were the driver side rocker panel under the stainless trim and around the rear side windows. All this was very minor considering that I used this car in winter... The doors, trunk door and rear quarters were rust-free.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shaffer

Here is another one of these painted "beauties" for a LOW price. laugh.gif

Only this is a 72' Oldsmobile. Buy it now for $5700. Can you believe this? More custom paint work on the interior and rusty "C" pillars too.

If this is worth $5700., then mine is worth $50,000. tongue.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4606321149&fromMakeTrack=true