Driver's vent windows found

tbenvie

I posted yesterday that I bought an 88 Reatta with a broken vent window and mirror on the passenger side. I went to a local junkyard where I used to buy my Reattas as I knew he had one hit on the right side but with a good mirror and vent. Well, it was good-someone in the yard hit them and they are wrecked. The good news is he just bought another (89) and it wasn't even in his yard yet. This car is slammed front and rear and really is beyond fixing. However, both doors and all glass are good. The maroon interior is also very nice, except for the console lid. He wouldn't sell just the vent and mirror as the whole door is good (and I can't blame him for that) but the whole door was only $250. I told him for that price he could keep the door on the car as I wouldn't want the interior exposed to the weather (especially with a blizzard coming tomorrow). So with that in mind, he still has the driver's door from the 89 and from the wrecked 88 with good mirrors and vent window. (The interior of the red 88 is already ruined as the rear window and passenger window are gone.) I don't know what shipping on a door would run, but for $250 it is worth just getting the vent and mirror and having them shipped-I could do this for someone, but don't know when with more snow coming.<P>Wheels and centers are also good, but not sold separately. Interior sold as one unit so far, but the longer it sits he sells parts.<P>Name of the yard is Chuckran's Auto Parts, Rte 104, Bridgewater, Mass.-If you need something it would probably be better to go through me as he is a high volume late model car place that doesn't deal with small parts.<P>The info on the wrecked 89 for the database:<P>89 Reatta, white, maroon interior, black molding, build date 10/88, no sunroof or seat option, VIN # 1G4ECHCXKB901875<P>Add the following to the 88 I posted yesterday-16 way seats, build date 12/87<P>thanks<P>------------------<BR>Tom Benvie

I have an 88 with a red interior that I'm trying to put in perfect shape. Both inside door panels have minor problems as well as the left pilar post covering. I think the 89 has the same inside panels. If those red inside door panels are still in good shape, I would be interested. I could also use the trunk access panel (at least the lock) and even the red rear floor pan with covers. Please check on the condtion of these, the next time you're out there, and see what the yard would want for them.<BR>Thanks,<BR>John Friese<P>jfriese@mindspring.com

• 18 years later...