Hello

tbenvie

Hello everyone-I haven't posted for awhile as I sold all my reatta stuff awhile ago and dxecided to just do what I have always doen-68-70 AMC AMXs (which have remarkable similarities to the Reatta). I went to look at a wrecked 68 AMX today at a tow lot (which I bought) and they also had a Reatta headed to the junkyard-has a broken right vent and mirror, bad touch screen, no start, ripped seat, bad headliner. paid all of $200 for it and fixed the touchscreen and it runs great. I'm going to give it to my niece to drive. I thought I saw somewhere that someone was reproducing vent windows. Is this true? Any info?<P>T^he car is as follows for the database:<P>88 red tan suede interior, black moldings, VIN # 1g4ec11c9jb900280.<P>I have owned a ton of collector cars over the last 25 years (I used to teach auto shop so I had 50 kids a day to work on my cars)and besides the AMX my other 2 favorites is the 74-7 Bricklin and the Reatta. Just awesome cars!<P>Tom Benvie<BR>East Bridgewater, Mass.

Guest Greg Ross

Regarding the fixed Vent<BR>Tom,<BR>No such luck, they faded off into the sunset, send me your E-mail address and I'll copy to you a procedure for a Plexiglass option.<BR>Welcome back.

Sorry to hear that we have almost lost you. I have missed your posts. <BR>Thanks for remembering us with the note above and keep us informed about any future Reattas you happen to stumble on.<P>Happy New Year. <BR><P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

Whatever happened to the polycarbonate vent windows that the glass company in Oregon was making. Check the past posts for this string. I don't remember the name of the glass company, but the contact person's name was Tammy. <P>Also, Speedway Automotive in Phoenix Arizona mentioned that they were looking into making these vent windows in glass. There has been a lot of discussion about the high prices they charge, but they are very reliable and have a good inventory. As they say, "You wants to play the game, you pays your money!"<P>Don't give up on the vent window yet. There are a lot of options to get you back and running.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tbenvie:<BR><B>Hello everyone-I haven't posted for awhile as I sold all my reatta stuff awhile ago and dxecided to just do what I have always doen-68-70 AMC AMXs (which have remarkable similarities to the Reatta). I went to look at a wrecked 68 AMX today at a tow lot (which I bought) and they also had a Reatta headed to the junkyard-has a broken right vent and mirror, bad touch screen, no start, ripped seat, bad headliner. paid all of $200 for it and fixed the touchscreen and it runs great. I'm going to give it to my niece to drive. I thought I saw somewhere that someone was reproducing vent windows. Is this true? Any info?<P>T^he car is as follows for the database:<P>88 red tan suede interior, black moldings, VIN # 1g4ec11c9jb900280.<P>I have owned a ton of collector cars over the last 25 years (I used to teach auto shop so I had 50 kids a day to work on my cars)and besides the AMX my other 2 favorites is the 74-7 Bricklin and the Reatta. Just awesome cars!<P>Tom Benvie<BR>East Bridgewater, Mass. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> THERE ARE SOME POLY-CARD REATTA VENT WINDOWS AVAILABLE NOW R & L SIDES MARR RESISTANT, TINTED READY TO INSTALL SUPPLIED <BR>WITH A TUBE OF 3-M ADHESIVE AND SOME INSTRUCTIONS<BR>I HAVE ONE ON MY REATTA IN FLORIDA LOOKS GREAT<BR>IF INTERESTED CALL FLINT TOOL AT 810-655-6113<BR>OR FAX 810-655-2211 ASK FOR BILL

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gearhead3:<BR><B>Whatever happened to the polycarbonate vent windows that the glass company in Oregon was making. Check the past posts for this string. I don't remember the name of the glass company, but the contact person's name was Tammy. <P>Also, Speedway Automotive in Phoenix Arizona mentioned that they were looking into making these vent windows in glass. There has been a lot of discussion about the high prices they charge, but they are very reliable and have a good inventory. As they say, "You wants to play the game, you pays your money!"<P>Don't give up on the vent window yet. There are a lot of options to get you back and running.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>THERE ARE SOME POLY-CARB WINDOWS AVAILABLE NOW. MARR RESISTANT, TINTED ,SUPPLIED WITH 3-M ADHESIVE COST $105.00EA. PLUS SHIPPINGS <BR>THEY WORK OUT GREAT IF INTERESTED CALL BILL <BR>AT 81O-655-6113 OR FAX 81O-=655-2211