55 SPECIAL 430??TRANSPLANT

HI EVERYONE, THANKS FOR THE TIPS ON UPGRADING THE BRAKES AND SUSPENSION ON THE 55 SPECIAL. I JUST DROVE HOME A NICE OLD 1968 BUICK ELECTRA 2DOOR TODAY. GOT IT FROM THE GRANDSON OF THE ORIGINAL OWNER. COULDNT PASS ON IT, ITS GOT A REBUILT 430, SOME TYPE OF AUTOMATIC, AND POWER EVERYTHING. NOW IM THINKING, DO I MESS WITH THE STOCK AND RUNNING FINE 55 STUFF.. THAT 430 WOULD REALLY FILL THE ENGINE BAY. I GUESS I COULD SWAP IN THE TILT WHEEL, AND ITS GOT THE FRONT POWER BENCH SEAT.(2 DOOR). I THINK MAYBE THE LARGER BRAKES WOULD WORK ON THE 55, THEY ARE DRUM THOUGH. ANYWAY ITS A SOLID DESERT CAR FROM HERE IN MESA AZ. YARDS OF SHEETMETAL.WELL ANY IDEAS OUT THERE? WORST CASE I PULL THE MOTOR/TRANS, AND GIVE THE REST AWAY HUH..

Lets see if I understand this right. You have a fine running 55 and a nice 68 Electra 2 dr? You plan to butcher the 68 Electra and bastardize the fine running 55?

The 55 would probably be happier as a 55 and the 68 is probably an awesome car to begin with. And in my world 2 Buicks are better than one. I recommend you keep both, invest in a class III hitch for the Electra and use it to trailer the 55 to where you are showing it.

JD

Awesome. Neat job too. My 56 had an aftermarket reciever hitch on it. It was so heavy, and a bit uneven too. I never had the reciever for it and it hid the license plate in the rear. Since I didn't need to hide my identity and since I didn't think I'd ever use the car to tow anything, I took it off. I bet it would have been a class IV if such a thing were even made.

JD