turn signal flasher working very slowly or getting ready to die

AMarx

Last question for the evening. I've been to state inspection twice, regarding my front left corner turn light - they say it is faulty. From having the same thing happen to my other Reatta, I think I just need the flasher replaced. At least, that is what the mechanic called it.

The thing is, when he fixed the first car, he told me the flasher was located in an odd area. When he learned that I was going to another mechanic, he refused to tell me the exact location ... could someone give me some help on this?

Guest MauiWowee

Alllrighty then. On the right side of the steering column support, there are two flashers, one for turn, one for hazard. I do not know which is which, but this should get you there. cool.gif

Did he diagnose this problem? Or is that included in his price for the repair?

Would he tell you where the fuse panel is if you needed a fuse?

Some mechanics have your life in one hand, and your wallet in the other. Make sure the one you trust your car, (and your life), with is someone you feel you can trust....with your life, and your wallet.

Well, that seems to be a problem in Annapolis. I'm not totally sure about any of the mechanics. So far, my experience is that if you hand over your wallet, they give you service. I'm not really sure that they do all that great a job. I do a better job myself, but I don't have the time to do the work these days.

In addition, I live in a condo and I don't have room to store all the necessary tools (a lift would be a dream to me) - aside from the fact that my condo penalizes anyone who works on their cars (due to complaints of oil spots and such, I'm told). Also, parking in Annapolis is at a premium.

I do have a reliable person, but he isn't near Annapolis. It's just murder on my schedule to try to arrange to get my car to him.

Does anyone know a really reliable mechanic in the Annapolis area?

Oh, I meant to say ...

I did try new bulbs ... no change.

I did clean contacts ... no change.

I did tell them where the flasher location should be (from memory) ... and was told that it didn't matter, they would find it exactly (as a part of their work). But, the mechanic said he couldn't give me a price until after he did a diagnosis of the problem, which he said would range between $100 - $300 depending on how long it took to find the problem. Work amounts to about $65 per hour and he said two people would probably be involved.

Due to the lack of his providing specifics, I decided to look elsewhere for solutions.

• 2 weeks later...

Ended up getting too busy, so I just paid the guys at Pep Boys to switch out the flasher for me. While there, two people mentioned they wanted to purchase my Maui Blue. Not in prime shape, but it seems people know quality when they see it. I figure that I'll let it go for $2000, to a good family, by the end of the year ... or donate it to a good cause, though I'll really miss having the sunroof.